Skip to main content

❤️ 10/20/21

 Today was so productive. I dropped of a couple boxes of donations  to the local food shelf. I dropped off several bags to the local clothing closet. I made some returns, did a couple work related chores and picked Ethan up.

We went to the nephrologist. We also saw our dialysis nurse (Ethan mentioned that was the best part of our appointment).  All of Ethan’s numbers looked great. I had all smiley faces for the month for completing all treatments. I mean, Ethan’s longevity sort of depends on it, so there is no way I would miss a treatment.

I also learned a fun fact over the weekend. If you are a patient on dialysis and need a dialysis treatment for what ever reason (traveling, the damn machine beeps at you too much and you throw it out the window, your center is booked, whatever) you can go to the emergency room and they will do your dialysis treatment there. I am not saying this is the most cost effective route to go, but it is an option. I will keep it in mind the next time we are traveling and our hotel can’t find the shipped dialysate. 😳

Ethan had a dialysis treatment  today. One more this week and then we have a two day break!  Woo hoo! The machine actually cooperated today. I had a stern conversation with it prior. It may have contained slight verbal abuse and threats. I will not confirm, nor deny that.

I was disappointed that I did not receive a call from our case manager at the social services office. I called and left a message on Tuesday. Our case manager  had strict instructions on her voice mail to ONLY CALL ONCE.  I am trying to obey the rules but our surgery date depends on it. I may call her supervisor (I have that number too), not to be crabby, but to expedite things. You always hear about how these people have extensive case loads. Ours is quite complicated, so hopefully someone can help.

Avery and I had a good couple hours of quality time together too. That was my brightest spot today. Everyone needs an Avery in their life.


Comments