Skip to main content

10/2/21

I worked today. Then went to a celebration of life for one of my BFF’s mom, Barb. It was really nice. It was held in a small restaurant with big windows that let the sunshine dance upon of all that attended. I liked how it was not at a funeral home. Pictures of Barb were displayed on a big TV.  Each memory hit the tv screen as a snippet of Barb’s personality. As guests saw themselves along side of Barb, they would share the story behind the picture which was usually a funny anecdote with a splash of Barb shinanagans. 

Pictures of Barb when she was younger, resembled those of her daughter faces. This woman made a mark on each and every life of the person that attended. It reminds you that to the world, you are one person.  To one person, you may BE their world.

It is a good reminder to spend time with those you love.   My mom always asks for the gift of time. I can understand why. 

When I arrived home, I pulled in and saw Paul and Ethan sitting in lawn chairs in the driveway. What a great view. Ethan had been working on his car all day long. He felt good. His stamina is returning, which is so exciting after such a long year for him.

This evening, Paul and I sat on the patio and had a drink together under the stars. It was quiet. The stars were bright. He mostly listened as I rambled on and on. In to bed early as I have to work in the morning. 


Comments

  1. 💗💗💗 We sat around the fire and had a drink as well tonight under the stars. 🌟

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment