Skip to main content

10/23

I met some of our family’s cheerleaders tonight, which was such an honor. People that have helped us along the way. People that will help us moving forward. People that have never met us, but we’re so willing to be generous to us. Wow! It’s a small world.

We went to a Halloween party at our family’s house. It was so much fun. I didn’t really have time to plan costumes like I have in years past. I like to plan funny costumes that are slightly embarrassing for Paul. I ran out of time. My costume was lame. A cat. Not one of those sexy, hot cats….more like Garfield, a cat that enjoys being lazy and eating. 

I found the costume a month or two ago with Avery at the thrift story. I had nothing for Paul. Ideas were nonexistent. On Thursday; it was my last ditch effort to come up with a costume idea. We usually do couples costumes. I found a piece of bread with jelly on it. I immediately changed the “label” of the costume to “Aunt Flo”. It was like a fine piece of art work and deserved a worthy label. 

The ladies were coming up to him and saying things like “stay away, haven’t I had to deal with “Aunt Flo” enough in my life?”


Paul has always, always been a good sport. He was not crazy about this one, but he wore it to satisfy me. He came in third place for the peer based costume contest. There was some great competition too.

Ethan had dialysis this afternoon. Ethan worked in the garage this morning for a couple hours. He then became tired and rested after dialysis. 

I would consider this day a win.




Comments

  1. Paul is such a good sport! Glad you had a wonderful weekend filled w lots of family and friend love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. That costume is hideous! Paul is definitely your soul mate. What a trooper! You look super cute by the way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third place?? What was first…that costume is hysterical!!! Poor Paul, he is such a good sport though. He has to wear this weekend! Cute pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your kitty costume and there's no question that Paul is a really good sport!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment