Skip to main content

10/9/21

 We all had fun today. We had a wine tasting with friends. We made sure that we got our food first and didn’t eat after others. We maintained distance outside. We laughed…..a lot. I find laughter to fix just about anything. My soul felt happy today. I have noticed that I am more capable of letting things go than I was a year ago. I can roll with the punches easier. Not as much bothers me. This is my bright side.

I did worry though last night that with multiple people falling ill around us, that I was going to get sick as well. I woke up multiple times thinking my throat might hurt, but then realizing it didn’t.  I also was convinced I couldn’t taste or smell and then the dog would fart. I was never so happy for a dog fart in my life. I am clearly worried about getting Ethan sick before his biopsy and catheter of his heart. I have worn a mask around people that weren’t feeling well and washed my hands and maybe some skin (because they are so raw from washing) off.

Ethan walked an impressive amount today. He said his feet and legs were hurting but he was pushing through. A year ago he couldn’t do these things without fatigue and having difficulty catching his breath. It is amazing how far we have come in this journey.

Even though it was a little rainy, the weather was still pleasant. The slight breeze was comfortable and the temperature was not to hot and not too cold. 

We are getting ready to head to NYC this coming week. As Ethan told me today: “we make a good team. One of us couldn’t exist without the other.” Such true words.


Comments