Skip to main content

🎃 Happy Halloween 👻

Today consisted of unpacking the camper for the season, getting everything clean in there, dialysis, and chores. We tried to pack all the chores in today, since we were hanging out yesterday and enjoying our time camping.

During dialysis, Ethan and I talked about how he is again, worried about not coming home from NYC…..ever. What a heavy burden he carries. There is really nothing I can say that can make it better. So I reply with “I can’t imagine how scary that must feel to you.” I can’t say “this time will be better”, because frankly….I have no idea.

I do feel a weird calmness about the whole situation. I am not sure why. But I don’t mind it.

I ordered us matching shirts. We are going to wear them to the hospital. One is for the kidney donor, one is for the kidney recipient. They are hilarious. One thing about that jerk, hell, is I can’t feed it anything. The best way to beat hell….is to enjoy yourself, ohhhhhhh laughing for sure, accepting your cards and keep moving forward. I am going to need hell to step aside, because we need to keep moving forward and it is in our way.

This will be a long week. Our company is partnering with corporate. So all the hoopla having to “onboard” and learn all about the new company will be an interesting experience. I am excited though. I can’t control what will happen, but I can control my reactions.

I enjoyed the weekend. I hope the week goes by quickly. Another dialysis session bites the dust.


Comments

  1. humor sure does help - and you have plenty of it. Can't wait to see those shirts. You are calm largely because you've been to hell and back and kicked it's ass along the way - you and Ethan. Be sure to ask for a password reminder from the new corporate partner. They love to provide them to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your matching shirt idea. Keep the humor, fun, and pranks flowing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment