Skip to main content

I0/4

We had a little mishap tonight during dialysis. Somehow when Ethan was on the machine, the drain line became dislodged. After about an hour of dialysis, it was discovered.  

❤️I heard Paul rattle off a slew of off color words. There was some panicked “get a towel” thrown in.  There may have been some Italian words that were less than polite.

The “water” had seeped into the wall, and leaked out one of our lights in the kitchen, and all over the kitchen counter and floor. 

I couldn’t really help much as Ethan was hooked up to the machine. I can’t leave him just in case something goes a wry.

As Paul was in the bathroom soaking up water, I made an off color comment about how it smelled foul in the bathroom. It did smell foul. Putrid.

I walked back in Ethan’s room which is literally 3 steps away. I complained about the smell and couldn’t figure out what was smelling so bad.

Ethan piped up…” It’s my waste line.”  Of course it is.  The waste line became dislodged in the pipe causing it to leak all over.  Breaking down what this meant, when Ethan gets dialysis, the machine acts as his kidney.  The dialysate cleans the blood and filters out the toxins.  The toxins normally get discredited in urine, but Ethan doesn’t make enough urine, so the machine makes it for him. It bypasses his bladder and goes directly down the sink…..except today, it went through the floor and soaked the light.

All the “pee” water soaked into the wall, into the ceiling, through the light and onto our countertop. The PEE water.

Once Ethan pointed out it was his waste line, it dawned on me how right he was. “Don’t tell dad.  It will make cleaning it up so much worse for him.” What. A. Mess.

Dialysis ended around 9:00. Ugh! Time for bed.



Comments

  1. Oh my; I am so sorry! Freakin Janice! I blame this on her. When things would go awry for my dad, his favorite line was "Piss on It!" - in this case, it's an appropriate term.
    I hope today is a better day, with lots of roses. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if you don’t have a enough to worry about. So sorry that happened to you. Will be thinking of you and Ethan and keep you both in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why it published 3 remarks. Sorry. don’t know how to remove the extras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no..... another story to add to your pile. What a pisser.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment