Skip to main content

11/19

 

This is what anemia looks like in an 18 year old. Passed out sleeping in the middle of the day. He goes to bed at 9 and wakes up at 6:30. I had to wake him up for our nephrology appointment.

5 more dialysis treatments. But who is counting?

1 year ago today, Ethan was listed as status 1 A. We had no idea what kind of storm was waiting for us. We weathered the storm. I mentioned it to Ethan.

We talked about how awful his year has been. I reminded Ethan that it was a better year than it could have been (for me selfishly). He was not convinced with my assessment. As each day passes, I can tell he is getting more and more stressed. In his mind, the grains of sand passing through the hourglass are becoming scarce.

This weekend we will work on packing. Ethan doesn’t feel much like talking about the transplant. It stresses him out.  Each day is one step closer.


Comments

Post a Comment