Skip to main content

❤️ 11/21

Today was spent as a fun day. Paul, the kids and I spent time with family and friends. We had many laughs. I did no work and it was amazing. It is what I imagine weekends will be like in the future. The food was delicious. I think I am stretching my stomach for Thanksgiving.

❤️ A year ago today, Ethan was being wheeled away to get his new heart. Another family was stricken with unimaginable grief. I can’t imagine this year has been easy for them. I have our letter to them written. I am waiting to send it until after the kidney transplant.

Ethan hung out with his friends for most of the day. I know he needed that. It will put him in a much better head space for next week. 

I am looking forward to spending some time with my sweet Avery this week. She makes me so proud. She has really had to mature a lot in the past year. She has totally grown as a person. 

As the evening winds down, I am cuddling with Penny. Oh, my dumb little Penny. She is happy and friendly…but what a dunce. As I am cuddling with her, I watch her eyelids get heavy. I appreciate her un-ladylike and throaty snoring. It makes me love her even more.

Comments

  1. Thank you for a wonderful morning. So glad the rest of the day was special for everyone.... even Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️ sending lots of hugs and love as you go into the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cue the power ballad soundtrack.... it's almost time! Wishing with all my might for super smooth surgeries and recoveries for you both. Woo hoo! Dialysis will soon be in your rear view mirrors. You got this. You got this. You got this. So grateful for you in my life and as a great big bonus, we all got your amazing family members too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Happy Heartiversary to Ethan and you all! It's quite a milestone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment