Skip to main content

11/28/21

We made it to NYC! One step closer.

Got up this morning, I programmed the coffee maker so there was a fresh pot brewed that made our whole house smell divine. It’s part of my coffee experience. I hooked Ethan up to dialysis in mostly the dark. He slept through it and we were done before 9 am, way ahead of schedule.

Ethan did not pack his clothes like I told him to a bizillion times yesterday. 😩 where is this kid from? He gets this from Paul. My stuff has been packed and repacked a few times. 

I completed my last dialysis session. WOO HOO!!!!!! I came. I saw and I conquered. I am not going to miss that time suck.

We left around 10 am. Our neighbors were cute and waved at us as we left. We stopped to grab a bite to eat at Panera. Paul was not loving the wait for the food. We finally got our food. Paul set his sandwich in the “to-go” box in the car on the center console. He backed out of the parking spot and when we merged onto the expressway, his sandwich fell out of it’s container on the floor. Ethan and I were showered with colorful profanity, anyone would use in that situation. I started laughing and apologizing for laughing because I would have been so pissed too. But Paul swearing, just is hysterical to me.

I told him I would pick the hair out of his sandwich for him. This did not help the situation. After I kindly picked all the lint, hair and stones out of his sandwich, he ate it. What a good sport.

Traffic was horrific. Travel on a holiday weekend….it will be fun….bull! I am so happy Paul drove. I make a far better passenger.

As we drove along the Hudson, we saw the city peeking at us. We found our Air BNB and unloaded the car. Then we had to find parking. This is after Paul had to patiently drive across the George Washington Bridge in bumper to bumper traffic. Then we had a slight detour as we missed a turn. Then we got stuck behind a driver driving 9 mph for 2-3 miles and we couldn’t get around them. Paul’s patience was significantly faded. We drove around for about 20 minutes looking for a spot. We finally found a spot a few blocks away.

We settled in to the apartment and got dinner. Ethan put up Christmas lights in his room. I also brought a few small Christmas decorations, including our Christmas tree for this year 🌲.





As we sat on the couch we turned the tv on. We started watching Unsolved Mysteries. We got to the end of the episode and Paul turned to me and said “what the hell? We aren’t going to find out what happened to that guy?”

“Paul….the show is literally called Unsolved Mysteries. They are looking for help…..to SOLVE the mystery.”

“Well this was like watching a movie with a shitty ending.” He said.


He makes me laugh. Tomorrow….we will wait for our call to come to the hospital to be admitted. What a day.

Happy Birthday Mom 🎂 


Comments

  1. Happy birthday, Charlene!
    So happy you made it there safe and sound, with a few color words to make the trip more exciting. 😜 Your decorations look very festive and I hope make you feel more comfortable and at home. I hope you have an easy day today, getting called in and settled.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to both you and Ethan. We will be praying for all of you! Love your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love your writing! Good luck to both of you! We are so proud and happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God Paul is around for laughs!! You guys got this! Many many prayers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment