Skip to main content

11/30/2021


Well…so far I am not impressed. Last night We had to fight for answers and didn’t have a clear answer until 10:30 pm. We still didn’t know what the surgical morning would look like. Together? Or separate? The answer is Ethan and I were split up in the morning. I went to the adult hospital. Paul stayed with Ethan at the children’s hospital. A tornado of fear plowed through our room. Paul got a front row seat to the degree of miscommunication that happens. It’s like trying to herd cats. It’s no ones fault really. That is why it is so important to have an advocate.


I was disappointed that we were told we could wait together….but I was trekking alone to the adult hospital to wait. Good thing I am an introvert. I didn’t mind it. It would have been nice to give us a heads up on that one though. Paul had explicit instructions and I told him to call me and put me on speaker phone with the anesthesiologist for Ethan. I think the degree of separation is going to be the hardest. It could also be that I don’t like not being in control.

We had visitors from 9Tower come in last night. That was so awesome.

Paul watched as I rattled of a slew of information and rapid fire questions making sure all of my concerns were addressed. His eyes were big and he was quiet. It was nice to have him listen to me crab about my feelings.

I arrived for surgery and the waiting room was packed. The chair was uncomfortable.

Surgery came and went and I was quite uncomfortable from the gas they blow you up with.. I was stuck on a stretcher all day and between the back pain that caused and the laparoscopic gas pain….I am hating life right now. I have gotten up twice to do laps. I am hearing Ethan is doing well. They put him on 9central which is right next door to 9 tower. 🤬. At least he is close to his friends.

I am being told there are no beds and will likely ha e to stay in recovery on a stretcher with no visitors over night. How does that happen.  I hate it.


Comments

  1. I am so happy to see this! I’m sorry you are uncomfortable but it’s over. I’m glad you are both doing well. Will be waiting for further updates. Please rest, relax and let your body heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that I'm hearing your snarky voice in this... despite or because of the gas. I'm praying he's sleeping peacefully in the hallway with clatter and clutter going on around him.... But you know what, for realsies? I'm just glad he's doing well because, well, he's got this HISTORY of not doing well and so if he's actually doing well, I don't have to go all farm-woman crazy on him. You know we farm chics are a tough lot. God bless you both and I'm sure Paul is doing EXACTLY EVERYTHING YOU TOLD HIM.

    (Okay, that's a lie, but I'm going to cut the guy some slack. Just because I'm nice that way.)

    Hang in there, Tiger Mom.... You've got this. And thank you for posting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to hear from you Patti! I think it is one of the wonders of this time we are in that you can give your child a part of you (literally) that he needs to live! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you and Ethan are doing well!!😘👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing middle of the night prayers..... and won't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did it!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!! I can't believe you were able to post after major surgery. You are a ROCK STAR. Cheering loudly and can't wait for the update about Ethan. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting for more updates! The CompassionNet team is rooting for both of you and Paul!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment