Skip to main content

🏩 11/8

Ethan was tired today. More tired than usual. He went late to his co-op because he napped this morning. He did very little at his co-op today, but at least he showed up. There is no fever, but I have noticed in the last week or so his weight has tapered off a smidge.

Is his anemia back? Is it a medicine issue? Virus? Did he stay up too late this weekend? Not eating enough protein? Drinking enough water? The possibilities are endless, but don’t want to discount that he still has a direct line to his heart, so we can’t screw around. We have lab work in less than a week, he has no other symptoms. Just tired.

12 more dialysis treatments. But who is counting. Only 48 or so hours left of dialysis time in total. Do you know how much one can do with that time (without dialysis?)

I don’t know why dialysis makes me so tired. I am finding that my lack of free time has made me a bit bitter. I can tell that I am just a bit out of sorts and more grumpy than usual.free time is how introverts gain energy. I think my energy tank has been near empty for a really long time.

Today, I reflected about how a year ago we moved to New York City. Ethan and I moved into the Harlem apartment and were small people in a big world.

We never saw what Ethan had coming his way. We have made so much progress in the past year. We have worked hard and it is paying off. That makes me less bitter. 😊



Comments

  1. I hope Ethan feels better ASAP! As a fellow introvert I completely understand how exhausting it is not to have quiet time to recharge. But you're doing a great job working through it, it's ok to feel your feelings, especially when you remember that they are temporary. Keep your eye on the ball, you're almost there and all of this is definitely worth it.
    🤗🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep celebrating and focusing on the wins and gains you have made in the past year. It's almost time to get onto the next win and gain some much needed freedom in your schedule. Sending love and hugs 🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely okay for you to feel grumpy AND tired. It's been such an intense year that nobody could have ever imagined for you all. I hope Ethan feels more peppy in coming days. Stress and anxiety often make me so very tired. It could be so many things. You're on it.... just try not to worry too much. Fellow introverts unite. You'll get your free time back. I know it. Sending big hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment