Skip to main content

💩 12/10/21

There are only a few people I care to discuss the intimate details of my bowels with. Everyone else, I would prefer, to think I just don’t poop at all. 

The last 3 or so days, however, have seemed like I have been on a continuous loop of colonoscopy prep. It has turned into a game of “Am I going to” : burp, vomit, pass gas or have diarrhea. It’s not really a fun game and I don’t recommend it. It makes me feel gross.

Today was the worst. Thank goodness my appointment wasn’t until later. When I arrived I met with the surgeon and told him about my guy issues. He asked me a series of questions, including “how many times have you had diarrhea today?” My answer: “about 15.”

He asked how my appetite was….terrible. I am doing my best to choke down protein rich, bland foods. I have to mentally prepare to eat because of how bad it makes me feel afterward. I eat, then lay down with an ice pack.  He told me to go to the lab and they would “run a few tests” to make sure I didn’t have a bacterial issue or wonky virus. He said my gut was likely just trying to recover from the monumental movement a few days back and all the medication it took to achieve that.

I went to the lab. There was a lady working there that explained briefly that the lab work was a stool test. 😳. “What?” As I comprehended what she was saying she was quickly giving me directions about pooping in a specimen cup with an opening that was about 3 inches. “I am supposed to poop in this? Right now?” She seemed annoyed at my questions and existence really.

I went into the public restroom and saw that someone had peed on the seat. Ugh! If I had any ammo in the chamber, it was creeping inside my body. I have a good ole college try and then felt the bottom of the container bounce off the toilet water. And…….we are done here. I was feeling a bit humiliated at the entire situation. I threw  the cup away after it touched public toilet water.

I am done. Done with this appointment. Done with trying to balance in a public restroom after recently being cut open….done.

I came out and asked for a “to go” cup because I threw the other one away. She started to question me and I asked if if she could “poop on command with a healing abdomen?” I didn’t give her time to respond. “I need a to go cup.” I was then sent to the front desk to ask for “stickers”. The lady at the front desk was so kind and helpful. I thanked her multiple times. Kindness is crucial. There was no reason for this woman to be nasty to me, yet she was. Crabbiness is contagious.

I decided to spread more cheer when I left. I thanked the Uber driver, I complimented a neighbor on her pretty Christmas decorations and our Grubhub driver tonight god a nice compliment. Kindness is free.

I am still trying to eat a bland diet. I am feeling tired and run down. So I have been napping and going to bed early. I wish we could heal a little faster.

I don’t have to go back for a check up for 6 months so that is good.

Ethan removed his steri strips today on his incision. It looks good…bruised, but good.


Comments

  1. "Poop to go cup"....I never would have known that was an option!....I would have been trying to fish that damn cup out of the toilet. Anywho....glad you turned it around and didn't waste ur time on the crabby lady. You took the high road, good for you. Karma can be positive too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment