Skip to main content

12/11/21

Today my guts were slightly less pissed off than yesterday. Progress. 

I had to go to the store this morning. It’s a short walk. Since I am in a place that no one knows me, I went to the store without a shower, looking a little homeless. Not my style but wasn’t feeling great.

I get in the store and the inevitable happens. There I was, looking like something the cat dragged in and I hear my name “Patti?”

“Yes?” I spun around and only saw pretty brown eyes staring back at me. This woman had her hood up and a mask on. I was at a loss as to whom it could be. I felt embarrassed that I didn’t exactly know who it was.

Turns out it was our social worker from the hospital from a year ago and she lives in our neighborhood. Such a small world.

She had nothing but kind things to say and was asking about Ethan. It was a comforting experience of familiarity.

Ethan and I laid low and watched Netflix all day. Truly took it easy.

The people living upstairs had a loud party tonight. I have another headache so it likely won’t affect me. I am going fast asleep.


Comments

  1. It is sunny and beautiful here, I hope it is where you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing that you happened to be in that store at the same moment of that social worker! I am always amazed when things like this happen because you could have easily missed each other by minutes, but you didn't. I'm so glad your body is adjusting. Hope your day goes well today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment