Skip to main content

12/12/2021

I am now to the point with my stomach that I am not sure if I am starving or nauseous. I am eating small amounts frequently to nurse this wounded gut back to health. I am eating elegant foods such as apple sauce, saltines and banana.

I am feeling a little more energetic. Ethan and I cleaned today. We also walked to the pharmacy which is approximately 0.2 miles away. The sunshine therapy was good for us both. The length of the walk seems short but it was hilly. We were both a little out of breath. 

The crazy people were out. One lady was pushing her grocery cart in the middle of the street yelling things out. We stayed away from her.  

It was neat that everyone was out walking their dogs. Just seeing the dogs makes me happy. They bring their dogs everywhere, even in the stores. The dogs are used to it and behave. They are indifferent to what is going on around them. If I took my dogs somewhere, they would likely embarrass me by peeing on stuff or sniffing someone’s butt. (Poor Penny would bark at everything)

I gave Ethan his daily injection and he said it hurt today, like a bee sting. Ugh! I don’t care for them. I give injections all the time to all sorts of species of animals. Humans……hate it. I don’t really like knowing that I make my kid feel like he is getting stung by a bee…..every day.  I’m the bee. Yuck. Not a good feeling.

Ethan shared that he misses his friends. He is sick of going to doctors appointments, having procedures done all the time and just wants to do things like a “normal Teen”. He is grieving the last two years, which were supposed to be full of shenanigans and laughter, replaced by fear and fighting for his life. Segregation from people can be hard. We have been through worse.

I wish he would consider counseling, talking to others or something, but as we all know…..He is stubborn. It hopefully will come some day on his terms.  The more we bring it up, the more he DOESN’T want to do it. We have agreed to disagree on this one.

Happy Birthday Beba! 🎈🎂


Comments

  1. I wish your tummy would feel better, hopefully soon.
    At least Ethan feels comfortable talking to you and he is not holding it in. Yes, it would be great if he would talk to someone but I think we both know this age of “they know better” or he looks at it as another appointment.
    If anything you are getting the rest your body needs to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.... stomach issues are the absolute worst. I'm so sorry about your recovery. Your body is really mad at you right now. We've been thru some stuff with Jack's stomach these past 6 months and I wonder if they can prescribe you some anti-nausea pills if it continues. Jack has some of these pills and they are MAGICAL. Instant relief. Thank goodness you have lots of experience with giving injections. I would really not do well learning this skill and then injecting my kid. That's insane. I'm glad Ethan is processing and grieving in the ways he needs to. It sounds like he is sharing with you, which is a really good thing. He's getting it out. Keep swimming... the water seem to be getting much calmer for you now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment