Skip to main content

12/14/2021

Today we played a game called “Where’s Patti’s Paid Familt Leave?” I went into the game a loser because the company never received it. They asked me to fax over a copy of my Paid Family Leave paperwork and they would add me to their system.

I just don’t like fax machines. Who has a fax machine? Is it 2005? Hasn’t the world of technology progressed enough for the fax machine to die off like the Telegraph? When I was packing for this trip I thought…am I going to need my fax machine? (Just kidding, I don’t have one).

I had to restart at the beginning and create a claim, even though this was submitted a month ago. Grr! The lady was super helpful and I appreciated her. 

I needed to clear my head and Ethan seemed like he needed a pick me up. We decided to get some sunshine therapy. We walked to convent Street and stayed on that street for a bit, because we were directly in the sunshine. I kept asking Ethan if he wanted to turn around. 

We kept blazing forward. We walked down and saw the Hamilton Grange, the only house Alexander Hamilton actually owned and was built in 1802. It has since been relocated twice, but it sits at the entrance to St. Nicholas park.


All of the windows were boarded up because they aren’t letting people in due to COVID. There are gardens that no doubt are gorgeous when in full bloom. It was kind of funny to see this house in the middle of a city setting….with it’s postage size yard.

Ethan and I walked on and saw the New York City College campus. It also overlooked the park. The buildings stood tall and grand.


I didn’t take either of these pictures (because my phone had died) but you can get the idea. We decided we were getting tired and headed back to the apartment. After looking up our route, we did about 2 miles. We were both in better spirits. Ethan worked on more school work, trying to get it finished up before the end of the semester.

We needed that walk more than we knew and it really was a good therapy. Ethan was also smitten seeing black squirrels, as he has never seen them before. 

We took it easy the rest of the day. We are hoping to get out again tomorrow.



Comments

  1. I was amazed the first time I saw a black squirrel as well! It was in Syracuse when I was going to school. When I got to class I was all excited to tell people what I saw, but no one else was excited about this everyday experience 😂

    I'm really glad you got sunshine therapy, it's so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sunshine and Ethan therapy is so good! there are black squirrels across the big lake- we saw lots of them at Niagara on the Lake. we will have to take a road trip to visit them next summer 🐿️
    love the historic sites and gorgeous buildings and settings you are taking in, too. Good luck with that PFL- I also had hiccups with it when I used it. If you need any help, please reach out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment