Skip to main content

12/15/21

I went for a walk this morning. The sunshine warmed my skin, the temperature was pleasant. I left Ethan back at the apartment to do his college work that he is behind on.

I did a mile loop that hugged Edgecomb park. It is a neat little park close by that features a playground, swimming pool, tennis and basketball courts and a green space for people to enjoy.

I started getting warm and took my jacket off. I rounded the corner and locked eyes with an older man with an odd look on his face. I saw some movement out of the corner of my eye and looked down. There was a feeble baby rat, about the size of my hand, hobbling slowly coming towards me. NOPE!

I immediately felt chunks rising in my esophagus. I pulled my mask off and bent over to brace myself with my hands on my thighs read to vomit. I HATE mice, rats and chipmunks. Just the wild ones. They are the ones that carry disease and will attack you, and eat your eyeballs. I know that doesn’t sound logical and I haven’t been able to shake this irrational fear.

The man started laughing at me as the saliva collected in my mouth. 

“Is that your pet?” He asked in a cute broken English accent.

I was now dry heaving and in between pants, answered “no Sir!”, then spit out the excess saliva built up in my mouth. As I was dry heaving I could hear the noise bouncing off the buildings.

“I thought you were taking it for a walk.” He said still laughing at me. I didn’t even mind him laughing at me because I know my actions are ridicules.

I didn’t vomit. But my stitches were a little sore from the dry heaving. No to mention I looked like an idiot.

I then took a picture of the monster that almost ate my eyeballs to make me blind. I sent it to Ethan because he has been wanting to see a rat.


Ethan is picking away at his college assignments. He is frustrated because he won’t actually get a break over Christmas as he will be trying to catch up on his work. Mix that with his progressive hate for daily injections and he was grumpy.

We both had a rough afternoon because I was frustrated with his attitude and he was frustrated with life. We took a breather from each other for a bit. We then had a good chat and aired our feelings. Afterward, we got dinner and ice cream for dessert.

We are one day closer to coming home.



Comments

  1. After all these years, I had no idea how much you hate small wild rodents. You likely made that man's day. Lots of crazy things happen in NYC, but watching your reaction on the street was probably a first for him. I just love starting off my day with your blog. Oh, what will today hold for you? Keep the stories coming.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🐀🐀 sorry you had to encounter that furry little germ spreader! One more day, and it might have been frustrating, but it's one more day of healing and getting back HOME. Sending you and Ethan much love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment