Skip to main content

12/17/21



I did another walk today. The weather is so nice. It clears my mind and I can pretend we aren’t in the middle of the city. Ethan doesn’t really want to do to much because  he is a home body. He also has been feeling tired because his rejection medication is not regulated. We are getting closer to having it within the normal range.

Today is the one year anniversary of Ethan’s cardiac arrest. I place myself back in that moment and could never have predicted the whirl wind year that we have had. It’s crazy to think the a few moments could have dictated Ethans entire trajectory. He could have gone either way that day. We are so appreciative of his wonderful team.

We stayed in the apartment mostly. It is a less chance of getting covid.  Ethan worked a bit on his school work. We were going to go to Central Park, but we made plans to meet up with a friend on Sunday for that. 

Ethan took a nap this afternoon. He sleeps so soundly. We are doing what we are supposed to, rest, rest and more rest.

I did get word that our dialysis nurse came with his buddy and they took every sign of dialysis out of our house. I may have cried a little when I got the text. Wow! It’s really happening. 

Ethan can have his bedroom back, we can have our dining room back.  Wow!!!!!!

That was the best news today!



Comments

  1. One more step..... in the right direction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that's going to feel like a new house! Hallelujah chorus being sung right now!!!! And I love walking in NYC. Patti, I am so excited for you guys, this is the answer to so many prayers and hopes and dreams! Go you!!!!!! Still praying for that return to health, for the meds to be stabilized... I know that can wear on patience, but I look at how far he's come and the stinkin' brat kid amazes me! And I'm using way too many exclamation points and I don't even care because the brat is worth it!!!!!! Sending love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!!!! Dialysis is over!! What a year! You are all tough as nails and so resilient. You are getting a storybook rosy ending to an extreme scary rollercoaster ride that worried us all. Let's never ride that one again, huh? Central Park is one of my favorite places in NYC. I think you'll love it too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ what a huge step- and a joyful milestone! Love you! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good bye dialysis don’t let the door hit ya in the butt on your way out!!! Great news.
    Moving forward in a positive direction. I can only imagine Ethan’s eagerness to come home and begin his new life❤️.
    I am glad you are feeling better, able to get out and walk around but still doing what you are suppose to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment