Skip to main content

12/21/22

We got a delightful holiday card complete with fun kidney puns. They never get old.

This morning was spent on trying to set up my Medicaid travel for future appointments that Ethan and I will be traveling to. We have once a week appointments starting mid January and will be commuting from Rochester once a week. 

To do this, I had to create a portal, then enter the dates, address and time of each individual trip. There is no option to have the trip take two days (as in our case, it will). So I had to schedule them all as one day trips.

Because the online portal does not give you an option for overnight travel, I had to call and go through MANY prompts. I accidentally figured out how to talk to a live person as this was NEVER an option.  I asked how to schedule an over night trip (as outlined in their 19 pages travel document). It seems this is an impossible question for the many people I spoke with on the phone. I was “disconnected after being on hold for 20 minutes while the employee was “researching” how do do this. I said a string of foul words.

I finally was given an email address and was told that spending the night while traveling is considered “commercial travel”. “Commercial travel” isn’t even an option on the website. Of course, “commercial travel” that makes perfect sense. (Sarcasm). They didn’t have a phone number to the “commercial travel” department, only an email address. Is this so obscure, they don’t even have anyone manning this office? 

After 3 hours of trying to figure this out, I had someone go into Ethan’s “portal” to change the scheduled appointments (cause I had to enter them all as day trips). But told me to send the email because they probably wouldn’t be able to save their changes.

So zero progress was made because I sent the email, but nothing has changed. So that’s fun. I am so glad I am not working and trying to do this right now. I have the time to sit on hold….it is just frustrating.

I was able to complete more continuing education for my job. I am doing online courses to get them out of the way for when I have to renew my license.

The rest of the day, Ethan and I binge watched a show on Netflix. We haven’t been able to watch tv really for the past year, so that was fun. We were both vested in the show and bonded over it.

Comments

  1. Those cards are amazing! Oh, I'm so sorry you've been thru Medicaid hell. News flash to all these companies out there..... Managers- set up some meetings with all your employees.... have each and every employee pretend to "enroll" from your portals. Make notes of what works well and what could work better. Then, go back to your systems people and make the changes. It's not rocket science! Every company can make their systems more organized and functional. Just try! This stuff makes me NUTS! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment