Skip to main content

12/26/21

We had another day of rest. We watched tv and cleaned. Ethan worked on schoolwork and is bummed he has so much more to do.

Ethan is really struggling with the fact that the last two years have set him back so far. He has had to be mostly quarantined for the past two years. He is feeling ripped off that he has had so many medical issues.

“What is the bright side?” I asked. 

He didn’t want to play that game and wallowing was what he wanted to do. I pointed out that we have 3 weeks left. Then his training wheels are off and he can hit the ground running. “Kick hell in the balls”.

I pointed out the goals he has set for himself. Wanting to finish his car project, work and take classes. He didn’t really want to hear it. That’s ok, sometimes we all need a good pity party. He deserves that.

These last 3 weeks will be a struggle for him. I can see the big picture. 

We also saw some more Christmas lights. I enjoy that.



Comments

  1. Hang in there! It makes sense that Ethan is processing and grieving the experience of the last two years. Watching his YouTube posts really shows me how much gratitude and optimism he has for the future. He has so much wisdom from his experience and I have a feeling as more time goes on, he'll be looking forward instead of backwards in the rear view mirror. A new year is coming with a new start! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely can understand where Ethan is coming from. He is trying to process so much. I picture a bull getting ready to charge, back legs (feet) just kicking up that dirt behind him…with Ethan he has just been stuck in that motion for so long, he is ready to charge. Ethan, soon enough my friend!!
    I do hope Ethan is taking good care of you. I believe rest is still one of your assignments.
    Both of you take care, another day closer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment