Skip to main content

12/29/21

Paul and Avery left today. We had fun with them. It was sad to see them go, but nice to know we will be home in a few short weeks.

I miss them already. Paul makes me laugh. I miss him. Avery is a delight and I miss her too. She and I played games on their commute home. 

Ethan had a tough afternoon emotionally. He feels like he is in jail and hates that he still has to do school work. He is just overall pretty miserable with the situation. This means I also had a rough afternoon emotionally. We talked about how he has the choice of feeling better and he just needs to choose therapy. Again, he is refusing. 

Luckily his friend reached out to him and they spent time laughing and talking on the phone and it meant the world to him.

I was beside myself not knowing how to fix it and spent time on the phone with my friend. Friend therapy was so important for us both today.

Tomorrow is lab work and hematology appointment. We will develop a plan for Ethan’s Coumadin for when he gets his stent removed and his heart biopsy. I was warned it will involve more injections.  I am very against this and hope to come up with another solution.








Comments

  1. I'm loving these pics! You all look so great. Oh, I'm so sorry it's been an emotional rollercoaster. It's so rough when you can't easily fix things or convince your kid to take action steps. Unfortunately, moms get dumped on because our kids know we will always love them no matter what. Keep using your friends! I'm also guessing that you and Ethan probably need a little space from each other. It's coming.... it's coming!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment