Skip to main content

1/13/2022

We arrived at the hospital in time for our 8:30 appointment with Ethan’s surgeon. Our 9:00 appointment with the nephrologist came and we told her we were supposed to meet with the surgeon (same location) and he hadn’t come in. Around 9:20, they told me the surgeon would be in at 10:00 and the 8:30 appointment was a snafu. So we waiting the additional 40 minutes. He hadn’t showed and by 10:15 I inquired about what was going on. Ethan hadn’t eaten yet and he was overdue on his medications. 10:35 the surgeon arrived.

He profusely apologized. But Ethan was pissed. Luckily the appointment went well. Everything has healed well. Ethan’s kidney numbers look great and we can hopefully come home. We have to leave Rochester on Tuesday for our Wednesday appointment, but I was able to get approval for alternating in person visits and video visits with labs taken at home. This is a true win on our part.

I came home and took a nap. This week kicked my butt a little. 

Ethan put the finishing touches on all of his English homework. We hope that it will be satisfactory enough to pass the class. I told Ethan that I would be happy with a passing grade. Truthfully, his ability to juggle school work with all of the medical stuff is amazing to me. His final paper is on organ donation.

We got the news today that Ethan has ZERO rejection from his heart biopsy. Woo hoo! This is a weeks worth of bright spots.

Comments

Post a Comment