Skip to main content

1/14/2022

I woke up this morning with Murphy’s Law sitting on my chest. My ears are plugged, my throat is sore….YOU have GOT to be kidding me! I immediately blamed the 5 hour wait the other day. Ugh!

Whether I have covid or not, Ethan and I have been in close proximity. So he has been exposed. Paul is walking into a war zone. He is bringing a covid test with him. If I test positive, he will have sacrificed himself for the greater good.

Ethan and I are so mentally exhausted by being here. There really are only two windows one on each end of the unit. We usually can’t tell what time it is outside and it is driving me bonkers.

As the day went on, the more worried I became because my cold didn’t seem to be easing up.

Paul got into the city and drove around for probably over an hour looking for a place to park. Finally I found a parking garage a little ways away and he was able to park it there. It is about a half mile away.

As soon as he arrived I took the covid test. It said that if you see two lines you are positive and it could take up to 13 minutes to result. Well almost immediately The double lines showed up. I am the latest victim of covid. I know it was the 5 hour wait….damn it.

So we shifted gears and are now preparing that all 3 of us will have it. So glad Ethan got his antibodies. I am also glad that this variant is mild.

Front row seats to the Diiulio shit show.

We could have stayed here longer and not risked Paul, but Ethan and I would have had to coordinate a move to a hotel for a week. We would have had to get an u we to fit all of our things, computers, play station, food, laundry supplies etc…. We need to get home. It is really hard to move away for 7 weeks. Literally anything we have planned has been derailed by one thing or another. Avery is coming up with her plan for the next week. 

The bright side is, all of Ethan’s organs are functioning properly so hopefully he can stay out of the hospital. We will follow the teams recommendations as we go.


Comments

  1. ❤💛❤💛❤💛 so frustrating! I'm sorry. You guys hang tough and at least you'll have your own beds and windows and trees. I'm thinking of you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Come home! Quarantine with your pups! I am just so sorry about this. You did everything you possibly could to remain safe.. and you came up with a bright spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh..... so so sorry..... I hope you feel better quick and that Ethan and Paul are okay too. Time to get out of that city! Hang in there.... you have joined the ranks of Covid warrior. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment