Skip to main content

1/15/2022

We put our masks on and departed the city. It felt like the handcuffs were coming off and we were allowed out of the prison of apartment life. Ethan and I were talking and besides our appointments, we felt like our sole purpose was to exist and wait for the time to go to bed just to get to the next day….everyday for the past 7 weeks.

We would do mundane tasks, mostly without daylight, unless we went for a walk, but once it became cold out, we didn’t even do that much. Lack of natural Light and small square footage made life not so fun. It was necessary, but very difficult. It forced us both rest and we were close to the hospital.

We sat in the car on our ride home and while it was cold, the sunshine was out. I can feel a difference of being mentally so excited to go home.

Our family and friends have been such a help with all of our medical shit show. It is so nice to have an army of people on our side to help us. Little things like funny memes, texts, words of encouragement, and comments on the blog were so helpful. Then of course all the other nice things everyone has been helping with. Thank you all.

When we got home, the dogs turned themselves inside out due to excitement. Penny has claimed her spot. 

Avery has left and is spending some time at my Aunt and Uncle’s house so she can avoid covid. She said she has tests coming up and it isn’t a good time to miss school. She is such a responsible lady. I am proud of her decision but I am sad that I can’t hug her. I miss her.

Ethan has been floating around between his bedroom, garage, and more. When Paul saw him, he commented that Ethan looked like he put in more weight. He is almost to his pre-heart transplant weight of 132 pounds. 

When we arrived home, Paul had a surprise waiting for me. Not only had he done a bunch of cleaning and organizing, he built the coolest table. It is a bumper pool table on the top and he attached it to a barrel. On the top that lays over the bumper pool, he added a bunch of pictures, with the help of others, and then covered it in glass. It is absolutely fantastic. What a creative and perfect idea.

Paul will sleep in Avery’s room while she is gone. I am in my bed tonight. I have been sleeping on our aero bed at the apartment because I found the bed to be uncomfortable. My bed feels like a dream. 

Even though I have covid, I feel pretty good. Yesterday my throat was sore, I just feel a bit tired today with slightly plugged ears. I am going to bed early with a happy heart.

Comments

  1. I'm so happy you're home! And that you are feeling pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home to both of you 2.0! Love you and can't wait to see you in person in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home!!!!!!!! A new chapter finally begins!!! Groundhog day in NYC is over. We are thrilled for you all. And stupid Covid didn't stop you guys. It tried, but failed. I'm so glad you are feeling decent. Enjoy your return. That pic of Penny says it all. The table sounds amazing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment