Skip to main content

1/16/2022

I was asked to post pictures of the table Paul made for me. The coolest part of it was, that I saw the bumper pool table posted on Facebook before we left for the kidney transplant. You don’t see them often, so I thought it was cool. It was being sold by a friend I graduated high school with. Such a small world. Paul asked me if he should get it. I told him NO, because life was chaotic enough.

Paul didn’t listen. I am not mad like I normally would be. His creation is amazing.






I was also thinking about the bright side of covid. We have been avoiding it for so long. The bright side is that I got it when Ethan finally has all organs functioning. Phew. If he got it in 2020 he would have been a goner. So as much as it sucks, I am thankful of the timing.

Ethan reports he still feels fine. He worked at putting together his desk today. He was excited he was able to “tinker”. I can notice a difference in his stamina and drive.

I also noticed how much I love the natural light. Today was so sunny. I even watched the birds in my bird feeder and all their bird drama. Mr. blue jay was yelling at Mr. Cardinal’s wife, and Mr. cardinal wasn’t too fond of that. Mrs. Cardinal rose above and happily kept eating and let her husband deal with it all. I like making up scenario’s like this. We have morning doves that I do voice overs for.  They are British and VERY fancy.

I feel pretty good. I am congested but that is about it. Paul is still worried I am going to give him the Rona. I hope not.

Comments

  1. Paul mentioned this table to us - it turned out amazing! And adding the removable top with photos was genius, too, and so thoughtful. I love it! I'm so pleased you are home and settling in. Ethan can tinker and get back to more normal life, as can you after this "Rona (we have to come up with a meme like "Da Betus" for this!) - stay well and get better ASAP. Can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you're home. The table is amazing, go Paul! Enjoy the sunlight (if we get any today).

    💛❤💛❤💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted pics of the table. That is so special! Great surprise Paul! Patti- I'm so glad you feel okay with the Rona and that Ethan is still feeling good. That is incredible. And yes... I think the timing of the Rona worked out in your favor. The timing didn't screw up any appointments and that would have most definitely delayed your arrival home. Cheers to being home! Is it safe to say your "medical marathon" for now is over? What a huge relief. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table is amazing! I am sure working on that project helped the time pass and what a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful and made with such love. That is such an amazing and sweet idea with the pictures. You are an incredibly thoughtful and awesome husband, Paul. Patti, if you ever wanna give him up send him my way...haha!! You know I'm kidding!!! Can't wait for pizza night with you guys and sitting at the new table. Hope you are feeling ok and so far everyone else is safe from covid. I can't even believe all this time and now you get it! Like you said, Ethan can handle now if he were to get. I'll be praying no one comes up positive and symptoms stay only mild. So happy you are home!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment