Skip to main content

1/27/22

In all the excitement yesterday, I forgot to include I called (again) the company that pays out paid family leave. They had told me it would be 15 days before they could do anything with payment. A friend let me know that the department of labor states there should be a 3 day turn around time. Companies bank on that people don’t know this and take their time until you tell them you have contacted the department of labor.

When I spoke with the First Lady, I told her I had called on Wednesday and was told about the 15 day holding period and let her know that the department of labor said she t should be a 3 day turn around time.

This woman said that I would get a call from the case manager in 48 hours. Within an hour I received a call from the case manager. I explained what was going on and she started telling me that I didn’t fill our t a spot on my paperwork for a bonding date. What is that? I asked her to explain what that means.

She starts asking “when was your son born?” I told her February 4, 2003. There was a moment of silence. I asked her if she was going to pay me 19 years worth of “bonding time”? Then I laughed. I realized they thought I was going to have a baby, not that I was out for surgery, and care of an ill loved one.

I am a bit annoyed that such an error was made. But thankful it could be resolved. I will be keeping an eye out for payment. 

Today after Paul was done working, he and I headed out on the snowmobiles. We did a decent ride. My back hurts a little but it made my soul feel better.



I spent some time on the phone with the hematologist fine turning the anti coagulation plan for the biopsy. I spent time getting everyone to email lab slips and then I printed them out. I had to submit some paperwork to Strong so I can set up a neurology appointment in Rochester.

Ethan went bro go to class this morning and the hero didn’t start. Paul had to jump start it for him. It’s always something.

We are moving forward and going to grab this medical bull by the horns. 

Comments

  1. Knowledge is power. Glad you had info about the department of labor to help with the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❄️❤️❄️❤️ some wins! And finally figuring out that PFL - it can be tricky and it's still new to NYS so they can get it wrong! You are an excellent advocate for yourself and Ethan, that tenacity paid off. Self care - in the form of BRRAAPP therapy is great! I'm so happy you and Paul got out together.❤️ ❤️ ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family leave thought you were having a baby????? Wow. There are just no words. I hope the process is on the right path now. YOU NEED A BREAK with all of this stuff. You two look badass in your snowmobile gear and I'm glad you are getting some fun in. Take that bull by the horns and show it who is the boss. You are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to write a book: Advocating for Dummies.. I would buy it. Please include all the steps of calling insurance companies multiple times for the same reason. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment