Skip to main content

2/21/22

I forgot to blog yesterday. Oops. 

Today I took Avery for a tour of the University of Rochester campus. She is looking into their physics program. We go to another local college on Sunday. She is going to be an expensive kid.

Avery helped me clean our den today. Our den has our fire place and Theo, the rabbit. Theo gets his fur all over everything. The fireplace makes the room really dusty. 

I looked at the stones of our fireplace. It is the first time I have really looked at them in two years. Wow! The cobwebs were having a family reunion. I vacuumed the ceiling, the baseboards, under all the furniture. I thought about how grateful I was to have time to clean the cobwebs.

Noticing the cobwebs was a step in the right direction. No one will ever remember how many cobwebs were in our house today. We won’t be known as the house with ALL the cobwebs. The fact that we are able to live at home and notice the cobwebs is the real win for today.after all, they have been there for quite some time and I didn’t notice them. Day in and day out, they were hiding in plain sight right in front of my face. Today was the day I noticed. It was my bright spot. Who knew someone could find joy in cobwebs?

We had some drama this morning with Ethan and parenting a teenager with PTSD who refuses help. This is more stuff no one talks about. How broken humans can be after a transplant, even if they try to kick ass every day. It is hard to adjust to normal living when you have been to hell and back. We are learning to work through it together. Communication and “family meetings” are a step in the right direction. We all stumble along the way but keep going nonetheless.



Comments

  1. 🕸️🕷️ spiders are thought to be good luck!
    Normalcy in the form of cleaning the cob webs out is so wonderful! And maybe a good metaphor, too. Dealing with the trauma of the past year is difficult. We are here for you anytime ❤️
    Yay to Avery for planning the next step, using that amazing intelligence! She, like Ethan, is destined for greatness (but they are both pretty great already!).🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment