Skip to main content

☀️ 2/5/2022

We got a letter in the mail that one of Ethan’s rejection medications is no longer covered by insurance. Are you kidding me? I reached out to Ethan’s transplant team to see if they could do a peer to peer and warn them that we may need to go to plan B (which is switch to a different medication). Even on a Saturday, I got a response right away. Ethan’s doctor is so awesome. I swear she is so responsive.

She said they would look into it on Monday. It’s always something! It has been covered for over a year. All of the sudden it is a problem.

Things were not very exciting today but I got a lot accomplished. Collected paperwork for taxes, applied for fafsa for Ethan, filed paperwork, went through emails. 

My bright spot was the whole sunny day. 

Comments

  1. Cheers to the sunny day! Thumbs down to the insurance company. I've got some choice words flowing through my head. Come on now. Keep battling! They have messed with the wrong person. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those insurance things.... sometimes they send 'em just to send them. And I know this because I got a letter in December saying sorry, not covered.... and called the office and they said, oh no... it's covered... we've already been paid. But if they see XYZ as ABC, they say it's not covered because XYZ isn't... Even though they already settled and paid because in actuality it is ABC.

    I'm sorry....

    Really????? And they assured me that yes... really... no changing it... and that it happens all the time, so I'm hoping that this is an XYZ problem with Ethan's meds.

    Too many layers, Patti. Too many layers.

    But getting through FAFSA and tax stuff: GOLDEN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment