Skip to main content

3/17/22

Well, we did something completely unplanned. We added to our furry family. His name is Jiminy. He is a 5 month old, special needs chihuahua. He has an excess of fluid on the brain and a bum eye. His skull isn’t completely formed. He needs surgery on his eye. He’s broken. He is a medical disaster, like Ethan.

Avery was my poor influence as she supported me in my venture to add more to my plate. I am a middle aged, dog collector with an excessive amount of love to give to them. Each pet I have ever had has taught me valuable lessons I have been able to use within my job to help others. Whether it is a behavior thing, learning about handling of different breeds etc.

Paul said “Really????……4 dogs?”. It was followed by a significant eye roll and grimace. I explained that really it’s only two dogs because with all their weights added together it is still less than 25 pounds. Avery backed me up like one of those repeating birds.

The fun thing about Paul is that he knows when it gets to this point that there is really no reasoning with me. It is easier to just accept what is going to happen because he knows it brings me joy. He also shares the joy and has a big, accepting heart.

Paul picked him up tonight. Little Jiminy snuggled right into Paul’s coat on the drive home. The other dogs were so curious.  Jiminy was scared and confused as to who we all were, but he still showered us with kisses.

Ethan fell in love. He snuggle the little guy and they bonded over being different. I think he will be a great addition to our family and maybe a good friend for Ethan. Look at his big smile!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀 ☘️ 





Comments

  1. What a cutie! Look at those smiles. 💛❤💛❤💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jiminy is adorable! I can't wait to meet him! And he's a good compliment to Ferguson. Look at how he's just sitting there all timid like next to him! You are an amazing dog and kid mom- and Paul also an amazing dog and kid dad - Jiminy is a perfect addition to your family. You saved this little guy - just like you saved Ethan.❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations for your new fur baby! He is SO damn cute. I love that Ethan bonded with him. I laughed out loud with the "medical disasters" phrase. Jiminy scored big with the best dog mom possible. Paul- you are so patient and are so awesome for supporting Patti's dog collecting. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg Jiminy is handsome! Best home ever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment