Skip to main content

3/23/22

Made it to our appointment a little early. Our Uber driver knew where he was going today. Thank goodness. We got to the infusion center early. They took us in AND Ethan’s doctor found us and had his visit while he waited his 1 hour to make sure he didn’t react from the injections.

While there, we discussed Ethan’s MRI in August and she is going to reach out to the neuro-endocrinologist to make sure they are using kidney safe contrast. 

She also explained that due to Ethan’s one kidney and past history he is still considered having “kidney disease” as I am also considered to have “kidney disease” due to only having one. I never realized that. 

Ethan’s mental health could be better. It’s hard for these transplant kids (and adults too) to process everything they have been through. Then throw in transitioning into adulthood. I again sit in the driver’s seat of the bus to helplessness. Waiting on the sidelines offering suggestions from my unqualified thoughts until he decides to accept help from someone who knows what they are doing. My suggestions are things like “drink more water” or “healthy eating” or “get proper amounts of sleep”. Which last time I checked, is not a rock solid cure for depression. I mean it helps….but the real work is investing in yourself.

We made our trip home. Ethan’s butt survived. He was in better spirits today. Of course he got to give a hug to one of his favorite nurse’s. ❤️

My throat was scratchy all day today. It sucked being in the car with Ethan. Being in such close proximity when I feel like I am coming down with something. The mask doesn’t offer much security. Fingers crossed he doesn’t get my funk.



Comments

  1. I'm glad it was a quick and easy trip - welcome home!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should use your "kidney disease" strategically for times you want to escape things. Oh... I'm sorry I can't work late today, I have kidney disease. Oh... I'm sorry I can't attend your event, I have kidney disease. LOL. I'm glad this trip went fairly smooth. I'm sorry about Ethan. Mental health is just as important as physical health. You are a steady positive influence in his life.... I hope he accepts help when he is ready for it. I'm sorry about your scratchy throat... if you ended up with something, I hope you feel better quick. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment