Skip to main content

3/5/22

We are in a much better spot this year than what we were last year. Ethan was still in icu a year ago. We went to get lab work today. It was a pain in the ass because there is usually an hour wait.

Today was no different. People everywhere were a little cranky because they have to wait. The employees working their butts off trying to just get through all the people waiting. There always seems to be one person that feels the need to verbalize their thoughts on the situation even though nothing can be done to change it.

One lady had a 3 year old for blood work. I am so thankful that Ethan has to get this bloodwork done as a 19 year old. We did our share of medical appointments at that age and I don’t miss it. At least Ethan doesn’t require constant entertainment. We can have conversations about life.

They took their 14 tubes of blood, like every other Saturday and we were on our way. It was an hour of time that instead of being upset, I was grateful to have that time with Ethan, just the two of us. 


I ran some errands and then we ended up going out to dinner with my Aunt and Uncle to celebrate their birthday. We ended up changing the venue of the restaurant last minute and it was a great decision. It felt good to be out like a normal person. I am still acclimating to this new life.

We ran into some of our good friends after dinner and had fun catching up with them. We even met some new friends.

When we got home….I put on my sexy bunion splint. Paul is such a lucky man. It’s funny…I don’t feel old enough to be wearing a contraption like this, but here we are…..



Comments

  1. Cheers that the last year of hell is BEHIND you. I think your foot looks nice! Your toe nails are nicely trimmed and painted up. Paul is indeed a lucky man. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment