Skip to main content

3/6/22

 The first day of teaser spring weather is always exciting in upstate New York. Our windows were open. It smelled earthy and fresh. The wind had gusts of 70 miles per hour…so everything that wasn’t anchored down went flying including all my papers on my table.

My parents had a saying when I was little. “Go outside and get the stink blown off of you.” This was a very common saying I heard and have incorporated it in my parenting. I had the dogs “get the stink blown off of them.” I told the kids to “get the stink blown off of them” and i even took myself outside to “get the stink” blown off of me. Then my brother called and he asked me “Did you go outside and get the stink blown off of you?” We laughed about how ridiculous it sounded.



I can see bulbs peeking their heads out of the soil. I don’t particularly love this time of year, mostly because of the abundance of dog poop in the yard and the mud from their frolicking paws.

Of course we lost power. Our power went out around noon. We got the generator hooked up around 3:00. Today was the wrong day to make chicken Marsala in the crockpot. As of 8 pm National Grid doesn’t even have an estimated time for when power will be restored. 

I am so thankful that this didn’t happen during one of our dialysis sessions that we used to have. Sunday afternoon and evenings were one of our dialysis times. While no power sucks….we can go on about our business without the added stress of not being able to do dialysis. 

Ethan worked in the garage the majority of the morning on his car. He was mounting his seats. 

Avery was a social butterfly and spent the night at a friends house…with a few good friends.

It was a peaceful Sunday.

Happy Birthday Auntie Julie

Comments

  1. Such a hilarious saying.... I'm going to remember this one! Bummer about the power outage. That is never fun and really makes you appreciate having electricity. Thank goodness you didn't have the dialysis stress with it. What a difference a year makes, huh? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad use to say that....lol....as do I.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment