Skip to main content

4/13/22

Ahhhhh…..a nice relaxing day off. I accomplished many things. I called Medicaid, to get some answers. I got the run around with that, which I expected, but I also got answers.

I did some yard work. Finished packing. 

The day turned stressful when I was outside gardening. Jiminy was following Penny around…with his one eye. I saw Penny head around the back of the house. I saw Jiminy follow her. He stays close. 

I saw Penny come back around the house……..waiting…..waiting….. no Jiminy. I get up to see where he went…..no Jiminy. I start to walk around the house, scanning the yard for him. Nothing. 

Jiminy is a dog that follows close and barely gets 5 feet away, unless he follows Penny. He’s close to me, or close to Penny. 

I knew a hawk didn’t get him because I had scanned for hawks when we were coming outside. Also, there was no noise. No scream, no bark…..no noise.

I then began jogging around the house calling him. I looked in our pond, I looked in the neighbors pond. I looked in the road, the ditch. Could I have accidentally let him in the house? I checked the house, the garage, under the deck, in the woods. 

What do I do? My heart was breaking and it was hard to breathe. Tears just came pouring out of my eyes. I called some friends to have them help. They stopped what they were doing and rushed to my side. Great people! All of them.

Finally, as I was skimming the woods, a man pulled up and asked if I was missing a dog. “YES!”.

Jiminy had wandered down several houses and one of our neighbors, whom I had never met, was trying to catch him. He was panicked! I was panicked! At first he ran away from me. Then I grabbed him. Ugh!  I hated all the moments I experienced. Every last one. He was gone about 40 minutes.

I was nauseous for a good hour after that. Thinking about all the things that could have gone wrong. Little Jim slept really well after that. 

What a beautiful peak at summer today. Mother Nature really did some good work.



Comments

  1. thank goodness it was all okay - he's such a sweet little man ❤️
    only a few days to relaxation! and more summery weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew. Phew. Phew.... I am SO happy this story turned out with a happy ending. I'm sorry you had to experience that panic. It sounds awful. Cheers to your trip coming up. Tell everybody (including the fur babies) to hold it together. Mama needs a nice, relaxing vacation. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment