Skip to main content

4/15/22

The alarm went off at 4:15 am. I popped up with excitement. For the last year, every time I have driven by the airport, I wished I was going somewhere. Today, I get to go to the airport exit, with a smile on my face.

I packed a week in advance with the exception of last minute items. Avery, at 9 pm last night, started her laundry to wash the things she wanted to pack. As I descended the stairs this morning, I saw my packed area and her “packing” area. Can you guess which is which?




We said goodbye to the animals and headed out the door. Paul drove us. Except Paul accidentally passed the airport and we had to turn around. We had an uneventful check in process. As the agents were boarding the plan, Avery and I both missed the airport announcer calling our section to board.


What a debacle it is boarding a plane. Everyone calamors to get on the plane…..to sit knee to knee with someone. People rush to get into the cattle tube, likely to put their carryons in the over head compartment. Avery and I had carryons, but we used bags that would fit neatly under the seat to take this worry and panic off the table.


When we started paying attention, we got in line and somehow ended up being the last people on the plane. We giggle about it.


When we arrived in Savannah, we went to get our checked suitcase. As we were waiting, I got a text from the airline stating our bag did not make it to Savannah. It sent me a link to file a claim. I was thankful for this text as it sped the process to get us to the hotel. We didn’t have to stand there while everyone else’s bag went around the conveyer belt, wondering where our bag was. So I quick put in a claim and we left. 


I wasn’t overly worried about the suitcase. I had most of my things in the carryon, because I have traveled enough to know…this is a possibility. Avery, she had more things in the suitcase and was a little worried. 


We have been through way worse things than this…so really, no big deal.


We went to check into the hotel. Our room wasn’t ready. We left our bags and went across the street to Forsyth park. It was beautiful. The Spanish moss was draped over the tall, established trees (with all their leaves). It danced in the breeze as we soaked up the rays of our sunshine therapy. 


We walked a bit and grabbed lunch at a cute little place. We ate our lunch outside as the trees dropped pollen into them.


We found a little retro thrift store and Avery loved walking around, looking at everything. We went back to the mansion and relaxed poolside on the marble patio. 



Our room was spectacular and fancy. We enjoyed settling in and looking at every detail in all it’s glory. The rugs are fancy, there is live flowers in the elevator and chandeliers galore.

We ate at a vegan restaurant for dinner. We aren’t vegan, but the menu looked good. We weren’t disappointed. The food was really yummy! Luckily, our bag was dropped off at the hotel. Woo hoo…we got our stuff.

We then walked about a mile to Riverstreet. We got to see the Savannah River at sun set.


As we were eating some ice cream, I decided that Uber would be the preferred way to get back to the hotel. Except…..I left our masks in the room. I thought about just pulling my coat over my mouth. Uber still requires masking to use their services. If you don’t, they can refuse service or give you a bad rating.

We had no choice than to walk the mile back. Until….we walked by a hotel. I walked in and asked the lady at the front desk if they had any masks. Thankfully, she saved the day. We got an uber back and saved our feet. 

Time for bed.  We get to the room and we had a bottle of chilled wine in the room. Cool! Nice way to end the day.



Comments

  1. With your amazing descriptions, I feel like I am there with you! A few travel bumps, but it sounds like you rolled with things. You deserve all the fancy things in the world!! Can't wait to hear more. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow where are you staying? It looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are staying at Forsyth Mansion. I highly recommend it!

      Delete

Post a Comment