Skip to main content

4/16/22









One year ago, Ethan and I drove home from the rehab facility. He was on dialysis, he was weak and under 100 pounds. So much can change in a year!!!!!!!

Today, Avery and I slept in. Wow! I slept until 8. This is unheard of as my normal alarm goes off at 4:50 am and on weekends I wake up early to let the baby outside or take Ethan to the lab.

We walked around the farmers market in Forsyth park. We then got on the “Hop on Hop Off” Trolley tour. We heard all about the history of the city, told by local residents that had such pride in the city.

We walked around the “Rodeo Drive” of Savannah. We ate lunch at the Pirates House. It was an old house, that was converted into a restaurant,  that pirates used to smuggle hard liquor, through under ground tunnels. We walked around and saw the area of where the old tunnel  was. 

We saw a 300 year old oak tree draped in Spanish moss. We learned how the tree got ill and arborists intervened and saved the tree.

We went to a tarot card reader. It may be Healy, but it was interesting. My cards were the fool, empress, cups, pentacles and high priestess. Basically it said that I am currently at peace with my current situation, I have recently been able to reconnect with people, I need to make time for myself but am resistant (because I pulled the card upside down). It was quite interesting. 

We took a breather and then walked to dinner  at a pizza place. We sat outside for dinner. Avery’s favorite park of dinner was….well in Savannah, you can get drinks to go. So before the waiter brought the check I said “Can I get a margarita to go? I am on vacation.” Avery found this hysterical. However, I almost skipped the whole way back to the hotel with my excitement with the  “margarita to go”.

We went for a nighttime swim. The pool is heated and it was warm out regardless. For some reason, swimming at night, with a pool to yourself…is relaxing.

We are enjoying the beautiful weather and beautiful foliage. I am so thankful that we are so much beyond where we were a year ago today.

Comments

  1. huge sunspot!! Love the pics, keep them coming~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds DREAMY. I am so happy you are having fun down there! Your tarot card reading seems so spot on. That's so cool and interesting! Cheers to more travel fun.... where will you go next? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment