Skip to main content

🐁 4/24/2022

There is a chance that I may be a little dramatic and over reacting. I doubt it, but everyone else seems to think so. 

There is a damn family of mice living in our basement. I told Paul to call the realtor, we need to move. No! This is NOT a dramatic response!!!!!

The mouse somehow made it to our den. I saw it as I was pulling the chair covers off to wash them. I let out a god awful scream, as everyone knows that mice will absolutely crawl up my leg and eat my eyeballs out. Then I will be blind. That is if I survive the vicious attack. Also, they carry disease. If the attack doesn’t kill me, the plague it is carrying will.

Somehow my family doesn’t buy into my thoughts on the matter and they feel the mouse should be caught and released. Eww! They terrify me. As much as I love animals, this falls into the “pest” category. I don’t like pests.

Penny may be a little mentally soft, but she is a terrier. Terriers are known to be decent hunters and they are tough little creatures. I put Penny in the den. She was going to save our lives from this dangerous creature.

It took a bit of time, but Penny finally saw the mouse scurry it’s filthy little paws across my floor. She was on the scent. The mouse quick dodged itself in the small stack of firewood next to the fireplace.

Paul and Ethan went in to try to capture the mouse….WITH THEIR HANDS (they must not care that their eyeballs will be destroyed by the mouse). Ewwww!

Then, Penny, the magical dog that she is, was lightening quick, and caught the mouse. Ethan retrieved it (he was wearing gloves) and took it outside. Penny saved the day and killed that pest! Yeah Penny. I am thinking about having a statue made to symbolize her bravery. I am so proud she saved all of our eyeballs and lives!



Comments

  1. 100% agree - -no catch and release in this case. Penny is amazing, that little hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Penny! I had a similar reaction to a rogue mouse in my living room a long while ago.... something caught my eye and when my brain registered a mouse, I totally freaked out. Mice should NEVER be invited on the inside of own's home. Yuck, yuck, yuck.... Now... I'm laughing about the crawling up legs and eating the eyeballs out, because this has never crossed my mind. Should it? Do you know something about evil murdering mice population that the rest of us don't know? Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope…it could be a faint bit of overreacting…..but I just imagine them to be incredibly mean.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I don’t think so….😂. I know it is overreacting but I can’t even stop it. I have been through some things…and mice….ugh! They are gross.

      Delete

Post a Comment