Skip to main content

4/3/22

Therapy is in the air. Paul starts tomorrow. I am hoping that he is helped in the way that he needs to be helped. Change starts when we reflect on ourselves and find areas we would like to improve upon. 

I have areas that I “practice” improving on. I practice daily. Some days I feel I do well. Some days I could have done better. Some days I just don’t care and you get what you get.

I was introduced to the term emotional intelligence while I was in NYC (for the first transplant). Emotional intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one’s emotions, and handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.  I strive to grow this but I have some days that are better than others.

I am not a fan of the rain, mud and sleet. No thanks. Please bring something else. 16 paws I have to wipe multiple times a day. 

All the dogs got a bath today. It’s a Sunday tradition. I was their bodies and bedding whether they need it or not. But they typically need it. Plus then they don’t shed as much after the bath blew out alot of their fur.

Jiminy got the zoomies today. We were laughing at him. He feels pretty good after his surgery.

Why aren’t weekends longer?

Comments

  1. Mondays after a leisurely weekend at home are super hard. Here's what I try to do on a Monday.... think about something you can look forward to on a Monday... maybe it's a special coffee/treat.... maybe it's a special song that you blast in the car..... maybe it's going thru the car wash..... maybe it's simply your favorite take out to avoid cooking on a Monday. It truly helps. I often use this technique for the rest of the week too. Cheers to Monday. Now... what am I going to do today that's special? Hmm.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment