Skip to main content

❤️ 5/11/22

Days off are a gift. Today I slept in (until 5:30) and it was amazing. I was able to accomplish a long list of tasks. I sprinkled in some sunshine therapy, dog therapy and a little of both.

My days off are still busy it seems. Ethan and I met with his neurologist and discussed a plan regarding his low white blood cell count. Unfortunately we have to go to the lab next Wednesday for labs. If his counts don’t improve, he has to go on injections to help his numbers. He was NOT thrilled with that news.

I was able to do 8 loads of laundry, shampoo the couch, wash Phineas, unpack the winterizing of the camper by making the bed with fresh clean sheets. Put all the pots, pans and silverware away, reload the cupboards, several trips back and forth to the house, a little gardening and pick Avery up from school and stop at Abbott’s on the way home. YUM!

When I got home, I did some gardening and then meal prep that involved making 3 meatloaf pans, veggies and couscous.
I sent some emails regarding our insurance debacle. I had to have some forms filled out for Medicaid. 

We also got. An email from our cardiology team, asking if we could talk to a family that is currently going through a really tough recovery, in ICU, post transplant. Ethan and I will do this together. We are waiting on details.

I feel tired but accomplished. I didn’t get everything done on my list, but I feel good about what I did accomplish. I recharged my energy to make it through the next 6 days of work (my next day off is next Wednesday). I am getting too old for this. 😊

My bright spot was, that Ethan delayed going to work so we could have a meaningful chat. He talked about how he was feeling. He is still quite down and it is hard for him to see the bright side of situations.  We made a deal that we are going to share our bright sides daily. It ended with a great big bear hug. That was my gift.


Comments

  1. Awww.... I love a bear hug!
    I'm so impressed with all that you got done on your day off!
    🌻❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤🧸 bear hugs! you cover more on your day off than most people do all week! can't wait to relax and camp w you! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep.... still holding the title of Super Mom. You know you probably could have relaxed a little more yesterday, right? Ha! You are a go-getter my friend. You accomplish more things in a day that most people accomplish in a month/year. So glad that Ethan is opening up. Trauma doesn't just go away easily. Tell him to be kind to himself. Healing in all forms is a journey, not a destination. Love you all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I thought I was doing well mulching one garden! You are a maniac :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment