Skip to main content

5/13/22

Tonight the air is still. The birds are chattering. Each is singing it’s prettiest mating song. The bullfrogs are  singing their repetitive, low pitch, slow WOMP noise. My family describes the noise as either a “slow motion farting noise” or “gastric-intestinal upset” noise. Either way, it offers some sort of peace to the night vibe.






Avery and her friend joined Paul and I. One by one the animals went inside as they strayed away from the fire. The last hour or so was just the rabbit, Theo,  and little Jiminy. Theo was just eating all my flowers. Happily hopping and munching away.

The dancing flames were calming. The flames a beautiful orange, purple color. Paul and I chatted. It was more that Paul listened while I had explosive verbal diarrhea all over him, while we sipped our Kolsch beer.

I spoke with Ethan’s Automotive Program teacher. We discussed some of Ethan’s issues with school. He gave me ideas and I need to sit down with Ethan and figure out what he wants his plan to be. I really think the more Ethan can decide and choose the better the outcome will be.

So that will be the plan for this weekend. Now I just need to set aside the time.

Comments