Skip to main content

5/14/22

Today Ethan had some of his car friends over to the house. They stayed for a while and I could tell Ethan totally enjoyed it. He was smiling his genuine smile. 

He has even mentioned that his mental health wasn’t great in front of them. Letting others help carry your baggage with you when you need help is so important.

I had some paperwork for Medicaid that needed to get done and submitted. I didn’t do it. Instead, I started watching the Hulu series, Candy, with Avery and Ethan. I don’t watch much tv anymore, so this is a big deal. There is always tomorrow with paperwork.

Paul walked in, and the show sucked Paul right in. He was enthralled. He thought it was a movie. About 40 minutes in, we told him it was a series. He got so pissed. He doesn’t like to sit still to watch tv and now there are episodes…plural. 

As the next episode started, he got up and left….only to return a little while later to inquire about what he had missed as well as come up with a theory.  This rarely happens with Paul, so we were laughing.

Ethan’s smile today was what I needed to see. That was my bright spot.


Comments