Skip to main content

5/28/22

It was misting last night. I woke up around 7 am and was delighted I got to sleep in over 2 hours. This NEVER happens. I took the 4 dogs on a 30 minute walk to everyone could do their poops and pees. While walking, it was still the finest mist in the air.


By 9:00 am it started to clear up. I started working on sprucing up the garden (we are camping at my Aunt and Uncle’s property) with my Aunt.  Weeding, planting some colorful annual flowers, and then mulching. It looked pretty when we were done.


Paul started to reduce the square footage of the rotten cottage on the adjacent property. The lawn was mowed, sticks picked up, and weed whacked. We worked together as a family to be able to enjoy the property all summer long.


Phineas helped take big rocks out of the lake. He fetched big sticks. He picked things up and put them down. He is aging, but still a puppy at heart. 





All the “littles” went on walks with Avery’s friend’s dog, who is also camping with us. Everyone got along well and had fun. The ticks were out full force. Penny had 3 and Jiminy had 1. I just picked the ticks off and killed them. I am not worried. Penny




All the dogs are current on their Lyme vaccine and are on two forms of tick control. I HATE ticks.


Snacks were consumed, skin was slightly burned, the sun was shining intensely the entire afternoon.


The sunset was pretty to watch. The colors in the sky looked like pastel tye-dye. The colors provided an ever changing backdrop for the dancing camp fire. Wow! Mother Nature does offer some beautiful gifts.








 

Comments

Post a Comment