Skip to main content

5/3/22

I am pretty convinced that I attract weird stuff when I travel. I worked a full day and then flew to Michigan for a work training seminar. The flight was delayed, but we eventually arrived.

I had an Uber come pick us up. A man arrived. He was scrawny, his hair was greasy and slicked back and his car had a bad smell.

I can only describe him as jumping out of the car to open the doors for us. However, I didn’t realize this and tried to open the door myself. He almost knocked me over so he could open the door….it was so startling that I gasped.

He used spastic motions to help load our few bags. He had a n utility blanket in the back of his car that I was sure he was planning to use to roll our bodies up in, after he murdered us. I immediately put my fingerprints all over the car, in weird spots….just to help catch our murderer…..you know…if it came to that.

Once we were in route to the hotel, our driver was silent. We were silent. I exchanged some fun texts with my coworkers, but we didn’t really talk much. The driver acted as if he had trouble seeing and it was apparent that he may have been driving under the influence of something…..so that’s scary.

We arrived at the hotel and the same bizarre, spastic behavior surfaced as Uber man was running around opening and closing our doors for us. He pushed me out of the way as I was getting in the car, so he could open the passenger side door, AFTER my co-worker had already exited.

I apologized to my co-workers as they are now getting to experience some of the stuff I experience when I travel.

All in all, we are glad that we made it in one piece to the hotel.

Comments

  1. OMG.... you could write a book based on your Uber drivers. You only get the best ones, huh? So glad you weren't murdered. It does make you wonder how many close calls you have in life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment