Skip to main content

6/14/22

After work today, I picked up Avery and headed to get groceries. We did some shopping, came home and unloaded the groceries. We had the 4 dogs helping, and with their help, lost one bag of chips due to Phineas being naughty.

Ethan was in the house while we unloaded. He didn’t say thank you for the groceries, he didn’t help out the groceries away, and he grumped about the things he wanted but didn’t get.

I immediately became enraged. I quietly stewed as I grew more and more aware of the crappy situation. I mulled the situation over and tried to think of the best way to let Ethan know he was pissing me off, with effective communication.

“I was mad because I went grocery shopping after work and you immediately complained about when I didn’t get. You weren’t grateful for the things you did get.”

Turns out, Ethan was in a bad place mentally. He was just overwhelmingly ugh, the constant yo-yo. He told me that he wished he never woke up. Those are hard words to hear. Especially when I have had font row seats to each tongue lashing we could have received.

I feel sad for him on these days. I convinced him to come downstairs and watch TV with Avery and I.  He did, and even seemed  to enjoy it.



Comments

  1. Hi Mom. I understand how you’d feel as my own are older, and sometimes they act the same way. They have no right to either, as they are not in the predicament that Ethan is in.
    I’m the person who went off of Facebook and still are trying to follow his progress. He’s in my prayers everyday and night that God will restore his health. I’m hoping he received his monster truck and is now maybe up to playing with it.
    Many prayers ~ Sandra Mysliwiec

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment