Skip to main content

6/20/22

The highlight of my day today was eating lunch with Avery and taking her and the dogs for a walk. She understands my humor and tried to trump it with her own. It makes our conversations silly and hilarious. 

Ethan worked all day today. He was excited to make money, because he is anxious to get to the next step of working on his drift car. It’s good for him to get out of the house too. 

Ethan has decided that he doesn’t want to join us on our family trip this year. I am sad that he won’t, but completely understand his decision. He is capable of staying home and plugging away at college, work and trying to squeeze in friend time. He’s at the age that he doesn’t want to be around his parents. That’s ok.

Part of the decision is because he doesn’t want to be around Paul. Part of the decision was made because the week after, we got to NYC for several things. He will miss some classes over it. He doesn’t want to miss anymore school than he has to.

Paul is so upset that Ethan doesn’t even want to talk to him. I would be too. Hoping time will heal.


Comments

  1. ❤️❤️ there are sunnier days ahead - and Paul and Ethan will reconnect in time... sending you all lots of hugs 💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad about the rift in your family but I know in time they will be better with each other. After everything you all have been through that is what I have to believe for you and them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry..... I hope this tension passes soon between Ethan and Paul. Think about us at Ethan's age... we didn't want to hang out with our parents either. Ethan is also introverted..... I deeply understand this, being an introvert myself. Introverts absolutely need space and time to be alone to recharge. Hang in there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment