Skip to main content

6/21/22

 Today was ok. Work is getting super boring. I don’t use my brain enough so it has been a struggle. Each day feels like a year.  I like to solve problems, stay busy, have projects and just doing more than mundane tasks. 

At lunch I went home from work and had a tense conversation with Ethan. I went back to work not feeling great about the conversation, but I knew it needed to happen.

After work, Paul called and said he had company coming over for a campfire. We quick threw out the swing pads and boom, we had a nice campfire. I took the dogs for a walk in the field. At one point I saw a deer. We stared at each other. It was an intense stare. I appreciated the beauty of their long legs and gauging how old it was. It then sprang away into the tall grass. I enjoy those peaceful moments.

The temperature was perfect for a campfire. The best thing about a campfire is listening to the conversation. We share lots of laughs, we saw lightening bugs and Jiminy fell asleep at the campfire. He was totally relaxed.


We had to really watch Jiminy at the fire because he turns into a beer thief.  Paul found this out the hard way. 

The evening made up for the excruciatingly painful and boring work day. Luckily, I am surrounded by some good friends with encouraging words of support. They are my bright spot.


Comments

Post a Comment