Skip to main content

7/11/22



Today I had butterflies in my stomach all day. The anxiety just fluttering around. I have perfected remaining calm on the exterior.  An introvert at heart, I process internally and quietly, then I can share when I have collected my thoughts.

I really don’t feel like there is any issue with Ethan and his new organs. He has been holding steady. That is exactly the time that life jumps out and surprises you with a throat punch. I am a little gun shy from this process.

The greatest weapon against stress …..is choosing how you react to it. I try to react productively….but know that I have HUGE room for improvement on this one.

I was in contact with NYC today. They called to remind me to hold the baby aspirin until Friday. He is still on baby aspirin due to his increased risk for clotting. They want him to clot for his biopsies.

I emailed Ethan’s Covid test results from last Friday so they could upload it to his record and that won’t cause a delay.

I asked what our itinerary was. I was told that we need to accomplish:

*Lab work

*Meet with Nephrologist

*Meet with cardiologist

*Ekg

*Echo

*Biopsy of heart/measure lung pressure with NO anesthesia

*Biopsy of kidney WITH anesthesia

* drive 6 hours home

I am dreading the entire day. They couldn’t tell me when anything started and I will find out tomorrow evening when and where we have to go to start our day. I like a plan. This seems chaotic to me. Seems to be the ingredients for a shit show.

We have a plan in place to get us to our hotel in NJ tomorrow evening. We will play it by ear after that. I will be glad when Wednesday is over.


 


Comments

  1. travel safe and while you can't control anything, you can take it with the grace and in stride as you all have all along. it's a lot, but you are stronger ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I agree with you Patti. When you have to get all this stuff done in a particular time frame...scary. I am sure our imagination is much worse than it will actually be. Anyway, can't do anything to change it right? Go with the flow sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment