Skip to main content

7/12/22

Today, Avery got a lot of driving experience. She did great. She drove the expressway, rural roads, in the rain, in the sun. We talked about setting a date for her drivers test. Wow!

Avery and I picked Ethan up from school and started our journey to NYC. Ethan was super grumpy. He usually is for the trip there.

I received a call from nephrology getting back to me regarding an itinerary for tomorrow. The more they looked into it, the more they thought it was not do-able to do both procedures in 1 day. 

What? It took until less than 24 hours until the procedure to figure this out? They wanted to reschedule the beginning of August. Which means another Covid test. Another hotel room. Another 24 hours worth of food, the cost of gas for driving almost 700 miles round trip. Let’s not even begin to discuss the mental toll…..I have been mentally stressing about this for 2 weeks I can’t wven imagine what Ethan has been through…….
I also have to take time off of work….I am SO upset, mad and annoyed.

This is what I had them discuss two months ago. Now I am finding out that the kidney biopsy has a 4 hour recovery from anesthesia. Is this new information? I just am so frustrated and can’t wait to stop Ethan’s care at NYC….but at the same time, they know Ethan so well and I don’t want to transfer yet either.  I just want to be mad about the situation. 

I told them maybe the end of august or early September. We will see what his bloodwork looks like and go from there.

Avery and I got dinner from ikea. Ethan got an acai bowl, his favorite. It was a relaxing evening.


Comments

  1. it's a hurdle - yet another one! - but you can overcome these. I'm sending positive vibes for a good day today and hoping for that next trip to be pushed a bit. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gurrr....gurr....gurrr....I am GROWLING with you. Super frustrating! I'm so sorry for this set back with more appointments/procedures. I hope everything goes really smooth today and you can put this day behind you all in the rear view mirror. Keep swimming and focus on something joyful that you can do today. Tasty margarita? Just a thought.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment