Skip to main content

7/16/22

Many chores were accomplished today. Avery and her friend helped me shop for my big food prep day tomorrow.

I was able to accomplish cleaning out the pantry and organizing. This is a big deal.

Ethan had a car meet at the house, complete with burnouts in the driveway. This confirms Paul and I will likely push off our big driveway re-do project for a bit. Right now our driveway sucks. Burnouts don’t really matter.

I was glad Ethan had some interaction with people his own age, with his own interests. It was nice.

Ethan pretty much has declared he does not enjoy being around anyone in his family. While it is hurtful, I know it comes with the age. Compound the crap he has been through…..it makes a messy recipe. We will continue to love and support him, even though it isn’t usually reciprocated.

Growing up is hard. Growing up with significant medical issues…..I have no idea. However, I am thankful for our friends sharing stories about their difficult teens.

My mom had Avery and I for dinner (Paul is out of town and Ethan had friends over). We had such a nice visit with her. Both Avery and I chatted on the way home how enjoyable our evening was. Thank you Mom and Gene.

My bright spot is family. I am hoping one day, Ethan can recognize how many people stand behind him.

Comments

Post a Comment