Skip to main content

8/24/22

Ethan and I had a chat today. It is the first time in like 2 weeks or so that we had a meaningful conversation. He shared some of the things he is talking to his psychologist about. We discovered that what I consider a coping skill of looking on the bright side, makes Ethan feel that his feelings are minimized (it could be worse). I find it comforting, he finds it frustrating and he used the example “it’s like telling a person with depression to smile…and then their depression will go away.”

After we discovered this, we discussed that I can’t emotionally handle his negativity. We made an agreement that we will politely remind the other if either of these issues creeps up. Communication is key.

It felt like a productive conversation, so I was happy about that.

Today was spent cleaning, grocery shopping and catching up from our time away. I also gave all the pets outdoor time. Even Theo was hopping all around and eating my flowers.

Avery got her hair cut for school. When she got home, she didn’t 100% love the haircut. She had me tweak it a little and now she loves it, so that’s good. My previous days as a dog groomer have really helped with the hair cuts I give the kids. As long as they don’t grow tails, I think it will be ok.

I spent about 40 minutes on hold with the SSI office. I could have done without that. 

I was able to make some killer lettuce wraps for dinner. They were enjoyed by all. Yum 😋.

I work a long day tomorrow, so I know I will be tired. Ferguson is getting his nasty teeth cleaned. He will have such pearly whites when he gets home tomorrow. I am looking forward to his breath being a bit more fresh.

All in all, a good and productive day off. As this day comes to a close, I hope that my throbbing headache is gone by morning. 



Comments

  1. and I hope it's gone as well...
    I'm so happy to hear about your good conversation with Ethan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment