Skip to main content

8/30/22

Today I set another boundary. I will not be bullied into doing something. I had a lady yelling at me today. She was yelling at me, pointing her finger in my face because she thought I should complete a particular task. She was capable of completing the task by making a phone call, but felt that her time was more valuable than mine, therefore I should do the task for her. 

This was an adult woman carrying on like this. In what world is this behavior acceptable? Unfortunately, this behavior, in no way, motivated me to complete the task. In fact, I set the boundary that I wasn’t going to help at all. That is exactly what I did for her. NOTHING. I didn’t raise my voice to match hers. I didn’t karate chop her in the gizzard (but I thought about it).

I am so sick of people acting barbaric toward one another and thinking it is acceptable. She should be ashamed and embarrassed by her display and lack of emotional intelligence. I can’t even engage with those actions. So I didn’t.

This evening, Avery practiced parallel parking. She is ready for her road test tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.


Comments