Skip to main content

8/5/22

 While sitting in the waiting room, for Avery’s appointment, we chose to face the tv. Little did we know that we were going to be delighted with all the information we could ever want to know about anal fissures. It was complete with diagrams and tips on how to avoid them.

We learned what our daily fiber intake should be daily (hint…35 grams) and that we should practice good toilet habits. This sparked a conversation about what would be considered good vs. bad toilet habits. We were chuckling immaturely, while coming up with what we would consider “bad” toilet habits.


They finally had us go into a room to wait for the doctor to discuss Avery’s pilonidal cyst. It has actually disappeared with little to no trace of it. The doctor found the likely divot that caused her entire scenario and set us up with a plan in the event it happened again. They like to refer to surgery last. We liked the doctor AND he had fun socks on.


We walked pretty tall out of there because we had such good news. We have a plan and are ready to go when this happens again.


I decided to take Avery, my nephew Marcus and the 4 dogs on a walk. As we did this, the skies above opened up and dumped gallons of water on us. We hid in a conveniently located enormous tunnel. 


We helped Nana get groceries and then I had to go to the bank. I didn’t really know where it was but thought I did and was completely wrong. As I was turning and driving and turning and driving….I accidentally found myself in line at the drive through at Tim Hortons. Ugh!


Since I didn’t want anything from the drive threw, I sat, sort of patiently and then had to tell the lady I didn’t want to order anything, I just made a wrong turn. The occupants of the vehicle were all laughing, including myself.


We went to visit my sister-in-law at her job, Pet Pride. Pet Pride is a rescue group in Rochester that will help re-home cats. It was a cool house that they have converted into a cat friendly space. The cats are able to walk around as they please, with (clean) litter boxes everywhere, food available at all times. It was a really neat set up and had a variety of ages of cats.


I liked the “catios” best. These are little walk ways for the cats to be able to decide if they want to go outside. There were plenty of places for the cats to sit outside and it was completely enclosed and safe. There were several catios too. 


We spent the evening visiting with family and chatting. Ethan arrived and did a burnout with his car in the driveway.


Dinner was amazing and then we hung out with family. We ended the day with a campfire. Not bad.









Comments